Friday, March 18, 2011

Technology Meltdown 2011

Well folks,  I have to apologize to both of my readers for the lack of posts here lately.  But, the Carroll household has been under a technology attack.  It all started with TC's computer.  He came in contact with a virus and crashed his hard drive.  Luckily for us, I have a tech guy on call.  He has steadily been working on the computer and is thisclose to getting it to run!!   TC was supposed to go out of town for work and he took my computer with him.

Now, I would like to take a moment to climb on my soapbox about Verizon.  Don't get me wrong.  I love Verizon and we've been loyal, on-time paying customers for several years.  The other day, the screen started freezing up on TC's phone.  He went to Verizon and they shipped him another one.  He was supposed to go out of town for work and you have about 2.5 hours to get the first phone back in the mail to Verizon.   So, he took my phone to work with him (are you seeing a trend here??  He takes my stuff that works and leaves me with all the defunct electronics). 

However, the new (and by new, I mean refurbished) phone Verizon sent us was way worse than the first phone.  Around 3:30 in the morning it woke me up, powering off, powering on, powering off, powering on, you get the idea.  So the next day, I calmly (but tiredly) went to Verizon and politely asked that they DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!  After a few minutes of yelling at a poor little girl and retelling the whole story to the manager, I have another new refurbished phone.  Good news is, so far, it is working fine.

Poor guys
 So, this weekend, I am going to try to stay away from as many electronics as possible.  Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Technology can be extremely exasperating!

    Glad the telephone is working right and hope you get the computer back soon.

    Sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete