Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cravings

For the past week, I have had a craving for a pineapple and cheese casserole.  I bought all the ingredients this weekend and made it last night.  Yum-o!!  I know some of you might be thinking "gross" but just try it.  You'll thank me later.  It is the perfect balance of sweet and salty (and cheesy - can't forget the cheese)!  I thought I would share the recipe with you.

Ingredients:
3 (15 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
8 tablespoons pineapple juice
8 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
30 Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 cup butter, melted

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl combine pineapple tidbits, cheese, pineapple juice, flour and sugar.  
Spoon into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Top with crushed crackers and melted butter.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.

  • I cut the recipe in half.  This will feed me for a week!

    Yum-O!!
    I may or may not have had two helpings of this.  That's okay though, because this is what I had for dinner:

    Southwest Chicken Salad with Homemade Honey Mustard dressing
    One day soon, I will tell you all about my homemade honey mustard salad dressing.  Anybody else out there having any cravings this week?  I'm looking at you Amy, with your cookie cake, and your hubby that brings you cookie cakes!!

    Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Homemade salad dressing! Are you trying to make me look bad?

    You know who will want you to make some for him. Honey mustard is his favorite.

    p.s. Feel free to save a little serving of that pineapple casserole for me if you'd like to.

    Sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I can't wait to get the honey mustard salad dressing recipe! That's a favorite at our house :)

    Also, I'm having a giveaway on my blog, so stop by and check it out! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete